C is for CHAOS (Catholic Mom)
C is for CHAOS
I would like to express to my fellow moms the words that leave my lips most often. I believe I can get some "amens."
1. Put that down!
2. Not now, honey, mommy is so busy.
3. Ask your father.
4. I just cleaned up in here!
5. Who put too much paper in the toilet?
6. Just put SOMETHING on!
7. Hurry... we have to go! We'll be late!!!
9. Because I said so.
10. Over my dead body.
11. I love you more than you could ever know.
Okay, so it's not all just about chaos. Our lives have tons of fun and play and art and making messes and putting on plays and singing and all sorts of what else. But why am I always so frantic, so on edge, and why do I feel that every day brings such uncontrollable chaos? They are kids, after all. Why does it bug me so much that my house isn't spotless, or that there's popcorn under the couch cushions, or that my car smells like chicken nuggets, or that their hair is every which way from Sunday? What does that stuff matter . . . really?
C is for CALM and CENTERING
God . . . hey, it's me again. Look, I am panicking again, over the silly stuff. Help me calm down, okay? Help me breathe. Calm these little storms that rage in my household and inside of me. The bathrooms are really not THAT dirty. The dishes can wait while I talk to you. I know I have a deadline tomorrow but it can wait one more day. And please, God . . . please don't let my children have to be subjected to years of therapy for the fact that "mommy freaked out a lot." Amen.
I gotta stop when you call my name
and draw near, come to the waters again.
Be still and know you're my God.
Be still and listen . . .
- Josh Blakesley
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
- Mark 4:39
- Joshua Blakesley
||$14.99||Add to Cart|
- A is for ANXIETY (Catholic Mom)
- B is for BRAVERY (Catholic Mom)
- D is for DELIGHT (Catholic Mom)
- E is for EMPTY (Catholic Mom)
- F is for FRUIT (Catholic Mom)
- G is for GROW (Catholic Mom)
- H is for HUMILITY (Catholic Mom)
- I is for IMAGINATION (Catholic Mom)
- J is for Jackson Browne (Catholic Mom)
- K is for Kindergarten . . . and Kaspie (Catholic Mom)
- L is for Love (Catholic Mom)
- M is for Mending (Catholic Mom)
- N is for No (Catholic Mom)
- Ode on an Ode; or "Look Out! The Walrus Wife Replies!"