by Marty Haugen
Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants,
beyond my fears, from death into life.
1. God is my shepherd, so nothing I shall want,
I rest in the meadows of faithfulness and love,
I walk by the quiet waters of peace.
2. Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul,
you lead me by pathways of righteousness and truth,
my spirit shall sing the music of your Name.
3. Though I should wander the valley of death,
I fear no evil, for you are at my side,
your rod and your staff, my comfort and my hope.
4. You have set me a banquet of love in the face of hatred,
crowning me with love beyond my pow'r to hold.
5. Surely your kindness and mercy follow me all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of my God forevermore.